Sunday, February 1, 2009

Grains of Rice

Freerice.com is a pretty fun site for vocabulary and linguistics junkies as as myself. I enjoyed not only testing my knowledge, and figuring out the meanings of words I was unfamiliar with, based on their roots. Yes, I really do find that to be fun. In the fifteen minutes it took me get up to 1000 pieces of rice, I definitely learned some new words and definitions, that I'm pretty excited to use. Yes, I really do get excited about using new words in conversation. I would highly recommend this site to people who want to challenge their knowledge of the English language, and/or improve their vocabulary. Plus, quizzing yourself and killing some time goes towards a good cause! What a clever partnership between the UN World Food Program and Harvard University!

No comments:

Post a Comment